Vectorized provides a unified, high-throughput, low-latency software platform for queuing real-time data feeds (as modified from time to time, the “Vectorized Software”).
For the purposes of the GDPR, Vectorized is considered the data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use the information that we hold. We are a Delaware corporation registered in the United States with an office at Vectorized, Inc., 5758 Geary Blvd #153, San Francisco CA 94121.
The GDPR applies to you if you reside in the European Economic Area (an “EEA Resident”).
This policy describes the types of personal data and other information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use the Vectorized Software, the other Vectorized Services or any of the other features, functions, services, and products, including our Service Providers’ services and products, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to personal data and other information that we collect or may collect:
- In registering to use and to create an account for the Vectorized Software.
- In registering to be on Vectorized’s waitlist.
- In accessing and using the Vectorized Software and the other Vectorized Services.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent through or use of the Vectorized Software or any of the other Vectorized Services.
- When you send or upload any content through Vectorized Software or any of the other Vectorized Services.
- When you email Vectorized or our helpdesk.
- Through services provided to us or to you by our Service Providers and other third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Vectorized or any third party.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the Vectorized Services are intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Vectorized Software or the other Vectorized Services. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Vectorized Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Vectorized Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name, username you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about users of the Vectorized Software and the other Vectorized Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, including personal data such as name and e-mail address;
- Information that you provide by registering, creating accounts or registering to be on the waitlist on or through the Vectorized Services, including information provided in connection with registering to access and use the Vectorized Software;
- Content that you provide on a private chat platform or support group;
- Financial and billing information;
- When you report a problem with the Vectorized Software or any of the other Vectorized Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Details of tasks and other activities that you carry out through the Vectorized Software and any of the other Vectorized Services;
- Information that you provide when you contact our helpdesk;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of visit; and/or
- Device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Vectorized Software or any of the other Vectorized Services.
- From third parties, such as our Service Providers and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor, and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your personal data that we process to what is reasonably necessary.
We do not Engage in Automated Decision-making without Human Intervention
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Consequences of not providing Personal Data
If you do not provide the personal data, we may not be able to access to the Vectorized Software or to respond to your requests or provide the Vectorized Services.
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We may use or partner with other third-party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), such as software and data base servers, voice and SMS communications, collecting customer service and support, statistical analysis of the use of the Vectorized Services, invoicing and surveys. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. These Services Providers may have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Vectorized. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. We do not list our current Service Providers because they change from time to time. If you would like the names of any of Service Providers, please email us at email@example.com.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- To provide you the Vectorized Software and the other Vectorized Services and the content and the other services that you request from us.
- To process and complete transactions, including registration for the use of the Vectorized Software and send you related information.
- To determine if the Vectorized Software is right for you and to contact you of our conclusion.
- To provide software updates.
- To provide technical and other support to you.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with the Vectorized Services and our business and operations.
- To provide you with notices about your account, actions, or activity within the Vectorized Software.
- To provide you with notices about the Vectorized Software and the other Vectorized Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Vectorized Software and the other Vectorized Services.
- To enhance the safety and security of all of the Vectorized Services.
- To maintain a history of any data access and modifications to the system, for security and auditing purposes.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To recognize you when you return to the Vectorized Software.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Vectorized Software and the other Vectorized Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Understand what features of the Vectorized Software our users utilize and how they use them
- Create and establish industry benchmarks
- Estimate our usage size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Vectorized Software according to your individual interests.
- Plan and prioritize new features, updates and enhancements
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any data or other information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use the Vectorized Software or any of the other Vectorized Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Vectorized and you. By allowing Vectorized to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Vectorized Software and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Vectorized Software and the other Vectorized Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use the Vectorized Services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may use and disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates and parent company.
- To other users in your organization in connection with the Vectorized Software or any of the other Vectorized Services.
- To our operations personnel.
- To our Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support the Vectorized Software, the Vectorized Services and our business.
- To a potential or actual buyer, assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Vectorized’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Vectorized about users of the Vectorized Software and the other Vectorized Services is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your data information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes. ** **
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vectorized, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal data:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
GDPR and the laws in some other jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal bases that they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent that those laws apply, we rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal data:
- Performance of a contract: In most cases, we collect and use your personal data and other information to meet our obligations under a contract to which you are a party or pursuant to which we are providing services to you. For example, when you use our Vectorized Software or the other Vectorized Services, we will use your personal data to respond to your requests and to provide you with these services.
Legitimate interests: We may use your personal data information for our legitimate interests on the grounds that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities (but only to the extent that such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals) including:
- Analyzing and improving the Vectorized Software, the other Vectorized Services and our business
- Providing the services pursuant to our contracts with our clients
- Legal compliance: We may use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations under European or Member State law or other applicable law.
- Consent: To the extent required by law, and in certain other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of implied or express consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You may change, correct or delete any personal data that you have provided to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
European Privacy Rights for EEA Residents.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right by contacting us directly.
If you are an EEA Resident and GDPR applies and we hold your personal data in our capacity as a controller, you may request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal data (including, in some cases, in portable form);
- Prevent the processing of your personal data for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling);
- Update personal data that is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete certain personal data which we are holding about you; provided that the personal data is not required by us for (i) compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or other applicable law or (ii) the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- Object to our processing of personal data;
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information except to the extent that processing is required (i) to comply with a legal obligation under European Member State law or applicable law or (ii) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Transfer your personal data to a third party to the extent that this is technically feasible; and
- Honor a revocation of your consent for the processing of your personal data (without retroactive effect).
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period required by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with additional information to confirm your identity before responding to your request. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to your situation, though we invite you to contact us with any concern, as we would be happy to try to resolve it directly.
If you are an EEA Resident in France, you also have the right to set guidelines for the retention and communication of your personal data after your death.
If you reside in a jurisdiction other than the European Economic Area, you may also have similar rights to the above. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise one of these rights, and we will comply with any request to the extent required under applicable law.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at support@Vectorized.io or write to us at: Vectorized, Inc., 5758 Geary Blvd #153, San Francisco CA 94121.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements and rights. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We understand that the security of your personal data is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal data. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. Vectorized cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal data. Any transmission of personal information over public or third party networks is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or through the Vectorized Software.
The safety and security of your data also depends on you. Where you have chosen (or we have given you) a password for access to and use the Vectorized Software , you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the Vectorized Software. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by Vectorized and anyone anonymously, including people who are not users of the Vectorized Software
© Copyright Vectorized, Inc. 2020