C++ Core Engineer
Join a team of distributed systems experts building the future of streaming
We are building a real-time streaming engine for modern applications - from the enterprise to the solo dev prototyping a react application on her laptop. We go beyond the Kafka protocol, into the future of streaming with inline WASM transforms and geo-replicated hierarchical storage. A new platform that scales with you from the smallest projects to petabytes of data distributed across the globe.
We are on a mission to enable every developer to supercharge their realtime applications.
Contribute to the success of the project, Redpanda, ensuring our core tenets of the product: Operational Simplicity, No Data Loss and Blazingly Fast, remain true as you contribute fundamental changes to the future and implementation of the product.
You’ll be part of a diverse team with members in Medellin - Colombia, London, San Francisco, St. Petersburg - Russia, NYC, San Diego, Canada, Poland and growing!
- A passion for working on deeply technical projects and wanting to work on distributed systems, concurrency & parallelism, replication protocols, file systems & correctness.
- Strong understanding of C++, C, Rust, or other systems language, including profiling and benchmarking.
- Comfortable working with a 100% distributed engineering team, collaborating on GitHub, in the open and a self starter.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Please highlight any of the following
- Good Knowledge of C++.
- Good Knowledge of Linux filesystem internals.
- Experience working on databases or other storage systems internals, such as RPC, caching, allocators, compressors, raft, paxos, etc.